5th Street SW lane closure
Due to some work being done by ENMAX in the downtown area, 5th Street SW between 6th and 8th avenue will be reduced to 1 lane starting on January 4th, 2016. This work will be taking place for approximately 6 weeks.
ENMAX Power is required to upgrade the electrical service in your area in order to provide ongoing reliability for you and your community.
Starting January 4, 5 Street SW between 6 Avenue and 8 Avenue, will be reduced to one lane to allow us enough space to safely upgrade the underground electrical system in the area. The lane reduction will be in effect for approximately six weeks to allow us to work on a manhole in the bike lanes on the east side of 5 Street. Traffic flaggers will be on site to direct traffic into the alley behind the CityTV building during daytime hours. The work is required to service the new Manulife building at 707 5 St. SW.
- Palliser Afternoon Tea Dance Road Closure June 15th, 2014
ROAD CLOSURE NOTICE: 9th Avenue between 1St Street & Centre Street S.W.will be closed to traffic on June 15th between 7am and 6pm
On June 15th, the Fairmont Palliser Hotel […]
- May Long Weekend 2016 Downtown CTrain Disruption
In effect: May 20, 2016 - May 23, 2016
Over the Victoria Day long weekend, the Red Line will be closed between City Hall and Chinook stations and the Blue Line will be closed […]
- Calgary Cycle Network Open Houses
The City of Calgary has scheduled open house events to showcase the Streets/Avenues proposed for cycle tracks as a part of the Centre City cycle track project.
Hotel Arts (119 12 […]
- Parking at the CORE Shopping Centre CORE TD Square / Holt Renfrew is starting complimentary valet parking service at 9:30am Friday, November 26, 2010 to make parking downtown easier. The service will run during regular mall […]
- It’s a Calgary “snow event” – Where do I park Downtown? In September 2011, the City of Calgary approved a "snow event" parking ban (standard 72 hours) on major roadways to allow for quicker and more effective snow removal for priority 1 and 2 […]