The day of love is coming soon! Landing on a weekend this year, the weekend of February 14th is your chance to spend some time with the one you love in Downtown Calgary. Here’s a list of some great downtown valentines day events:
Join us and the SAIT Culinary Campus for a noon-hour cookie decorating event. Located on the Plus 15 between Bankers Hall and the CORE shopping centre you can get a free cookie and decorate it on your lunch-hour. Bring your sweetie and decorate as a couple, or exercise some self-restaint and save your cookie for your special someone. 11:30am to 1pm
For something a little different, try a Garter Girls burlesque show at Arts Commons. Featuring legendary burlesque performer Mr. Gorgeous, this show goes beyond the typical Valentine’s Day event to something more sensual. Definitely not for the faint of heart, this show provides a high-energy burlesque experience!
The Calgary Philharmonic Orchestra will be joined by Honens Prize Laureate Pavel Kolesnikov for a special romantically themed presentation at the Jack Singer Concert Hall.
Hungry for love? Pamper your taste buds with these dining suggestions:
- River Café
- The amazing River Café, located on the picturesque Prince’s Island Park is the perfect setting for romance. They will be offering 3 & 5 course tasting menus as well as brunch. Hurry and get in your reservation as this popular spot fills up quick!
- Thomsons Restaurant
- Located on Stephen Avenue Thomsons is offering a three course fixed price menu for Valentines day on Feb 13th & 14th. If you’re looking for a bit more, Thomsons is a part of the Hyatt Regency which offers romantic room packages that include champagne, chocolate truffles, late checkout and a full breakfast at Thomsons.
- Catch & the Oyster Bar Wanderlust Dining Series
- Knowing that not everyone’s schedule allows for a Feb 14th celebration of love, Catch & the Oyster Bar present a culinary month-long dinner series called Wanderlust. Taking place Friday February 5th, 12th, 19th and 26th, Wanderlust is the perfect “culinary getaway” that will transport you on a journey of taste! Priced at $130 per couple the meal includes a three course menu for two and a bottle of wine (tax & gratuity extra). For more information on the Wanderlust Culinary Escape series visit the Catch & The Oyster Bar website.
- The Keg
- Located in the Westin Hotel on 4th avenue SW, The Keg is offering a fixed price dining option of their own. Priced at $49 per person this two-course meal features mouthwatering items like Steak + Lobster and prime rib. For more information and to make a reservation visit The Keg 4th avenue’s website.
Be sure to sign up for our Downtown Calgary Events Newsletter as we are hoping to announce something to make Stephen Avenue a bit more fun and romantic on the weekend of Feb 12th.